Change is the only constant... Or is it?

After 15 years of batting away pessimism, I find myself in an interesting position as GPSA Chair: I am a GP supervisor who is unwilling to blithely accept all the negative predictions about our profession currently swirling around us...

Day 2 of the 2024 SLO Advisory Council’s face-to-face meeting featured an historic meeting...

Under the facilitation of GPSA, the SLO Advisory Council convened in Brisbane on...

• Nominations now open for key positions on the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine’s Board of Directors and College Council, including College President
  • RMA24 conference registrations open
  • Supporting registrars in difficulty - Thursday 25 July 2024 at 7pm (AEST)

• Supervisor professional development stipends have been processed
  • Update on Workplace Based Assessments for 2024.2
  • RACGP 2024 Awards

2024 Engage: Building a better future together

Thank you to everyone who completed this year's survey. We had over 500 responses which is fantastic! The winners of the lucky draw were contacted and were all thrilled to be notified of their win.One winner commented:

"I think it’s important to contribute to the GPSA annual survey as it’s an important tool for quality improvement as well as acknowledging what has worked well. 

"I’m delighted to be a part of the GPSA network and take my work as a GP supervisor seriously. It’s fulfilling knowing that you are contributing to the high standards of quality care that impacts the community you live and work in, as well as be a mentor to the future GPs that will eventually be taking over."

Joining the GPSA Community opens the door to a wealth of events, resources, member discounts and networking opportunities. To become part of this dynamic community, simply set up a free account. Watch these short instructional videos created to guide you through the process.

We are now at the pointy end of the NTCER review, the first round of negotiations with GPRA set for early July. We would like to thank all of our members who have volunteered their time and expertise in this process, especially those who have participated in one or more of the 16 GPSA workshops we have run since the start of May. If you haven't yet had the chance to voice your suggestions, we note that there is still time to complete the NTCER survey here.

Updated

Headache Teaching Plan

New

How can GP supervisors better facilitate reflective practice in their registrars? - Webinar resources

Training in Poorly Resourced Environments - Webinar resources

If you would like to provide feedback or suggestions regarding our educational materials, please email [email protected].

GPSA YouTube Channel

GPSA has developed an extensive library of video resources to support you in best practice supervision, no matter what your level of learner. A variety of topics are covered and include past GPSA webinars - find them on the GPSA YouTube Channel.

Subscribe to the GPSA YouTube Channel here

Click on the above image to access the growing list of health awareness days we've paired with GPSA resources to make your life easier!

The GPSA Board and team extend their gratitude to the Department of Health and Aged Care for entrusting this independent organisation to deliver AGPT support activities for GP supervisors under Commonwealth funding.

GPSA recognises the traditional custodians of the land and waterways on which GP/RG supervisors and training practice teams work and live. 

Copyright © 2024 GP Supervision Australia, all rights reserved.